2013 Race Around Lake Tahoe

On Saturday, September 28th, I joined my friends, Rick, Mitch, and George, and we competed in the 2013 Race Around Lake Tahoe! What an exciting time. We arrived in Truckee, CA on Thursday night, and we were able to stay at the home of Kevin and Sydney Knight. What a beautiful home it is and we were so grateful for there generosity. The home, surrounded by the beauty of the area was spectacular. The weather was crisp and clear, very cold in the mornings. On Friday, we did a short practice ride and discovered how cold we could get on our bikes. We made sure that we had gloves, and thank goodness I had brought warm riding gear.

On Saturday, we met at Zephyr Cove where the race began and ended. At 7 sharp the pelaton took off. It soon left us in the dust. Rick and Mitch, who were going for under 4 hours, left George and I in the dust. George, bless his heart, turned around and then rode the whole ride with me. George is a good man!

We had a great time. It was a challenging ride with some good hills. It was beautiful scenery. What an awesome day!

Rick and Mitch finished just over 4 hours and George and I finished under 6. I rode well and felt great! I am very pleased with how I did and very grateful to have been there. Thank you Rick for inviting me, and thank you George, Mitch, and Rick for making sure that I was taken care of. It is great to have such good friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living Well with Parkinson's!